Advert for post of Project Manager, Community Action Blackburn
Part time – 21 hours per week
Salary: £19,565 per annum (£32,609 pro-rata)
The post will be fixed term until 31 March 2023 and reviewed according to funding.
As part of our future development we are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to manage and develop this community-led project.
You will be joining a small, dynamic and supportive team who are in the process of building back stronger after the impact of the pandemic. You will be a key support for this process and for the Board as they work towards a 5-Year Business Plan for 2022-2027. You will seek funding to continue your own post as well as that of other staff.
You will be responsible for the development of the partnership working ethos that exists between the community and the statutory and voluntary sector. You will have excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of financial management and service delivery.
You will ideally have experience of successful project management and working in partnership with both the statutory and voluntary sector. Appointment will be subject to a successful Protection of Vulnerable Group Scheme disclosure.
Community Action Blackburn is a community led charitable organisation working in partnership with the statutory and voluntary sector to identify and address community concerns within Blackburn, West Lothian. Further information can be found below:
A job description, person specification and application form. Should you be appointed for the position, there will also be a PVG scheme check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th November 2021 at 5pm
Interviews: Thurs 9th November 2021 at Blackburn Partnership Centre, Blackburn, West Lothian.
Community Action Blackburn ( Charity Number – SCO42167) work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations and local people to engage, assist and support the community of Blackburn, West Lothian, to address community concerns and make positive changes that lead to improvement in the following areas:
- health and wellbeing
- tackling poverty
- skills & knowledge
- confidence & self-esteem
- family life
- safety and a reduction in anti-social behaviour
- capacity and resilience within the community
- ensuring the community is an equal partner in the decision-making process affecting Blackburn
Community Action Blackburn aim to bring about changes that will improve the lives of those living and working within the village of Blackburn through –
- Increasing people’s knowledge, skills, confidence and self-esteem
- Improving health and wellbeing
- The sharing of knowledge, learning and community interaction so people of all ages in the community build relationships and are better informed and supported
- Developing and delivering ‘Blackburn’s Future’ Plan’ for the benefit of the community
- Increasing respect for the built heritage and open spaces