Firefly Arts seek a p/t (0.8) Chief Executive Officer to lead this vibrant youth arts organisation,
providing quality and transformative arts experience for young people across West Lothian.
Applicants should have experience of leading arts, youth, third sector and/or charitable organisations, and have extensive financial management, fundraising, strategic partnership and staff management skills. Creative vision and commitment to quality and inclusive arts practice are also important.
Collaborative practice lies at the heart of Firefly’s ethos. The post-holder will be expected to liaise closely with Firefly’s Artistic Director, and actively support Firefly’s team of skilled arts practitioners, artists and technical specialists. The CEO post will be supported by Firefly’s p/t administrator and bookkeeper.
Founded as West Lothian Youth Theatre in 1990, Firefly has a long history of providing youth theatre, filmmaking, creative writing, music, dance and visual arts activity for children and young
people aged 5 to 25 years. Our workshops, school, community and training programmes provide a safe and supportive environment for participants to explore their world, challenge themselves, build creative and resilient futures. Firefly activity is underpinned by the following principles:
1. Creativity: Commitment to generating creative and life-transforming arts experience for all.
2. Young People: While many Firefly projects run in successful partnership with adult groups, our core purpose is to transform and enrich young lives.
3. Place: Firefly activity is rooted in West Lothian, and in partnership with our local communities.
4. Partnership: Firefly’s strategic partners play a key role in our capacity to engage with hard-to-reach groups, new participants and the wider community.
5. Equality: Firefly activity is committed to addressing social, economic and cultural inequality.
This is a p/t 0.8 (30 hours per week) post, based at Howden Park Centre, Livingston. The successful applicant will be required to work occasional evening and weekend hours, and travel to projects across West Lothian. The CEO will be required to report regularly to Firefly’s Board of Directors, and comply with funder, OSCR, local authority and Scottish Government guidelines.
Further information is available on request.
A salary of £36,000 to £40,000 per annum pro rata is available, to be negotiated in line with skills and experience. Applicants should email a CV and letter of application to email@example.com that outlines their interest in this post, their commitment to youth arts and the wider cultural sector, the skills and qualities that they would bring to Firefly.
The deadline for applications is Monday 24th January at 5pm.
Firefly Arts Ltd. Howden Park Centre, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 6AE
01506 333005 www.firefly-arts.co.uk Registered Scottish Charity SCO02848