The treasurer’s primary role is to assist and advise the Board in overseeing the finances, chairing our Finance Committee and liaising with our Senior Administrator and CEO who will manage the day-to-day financial business.
This volunteering opportunity is offered on a flexible basis but may require 3 to 4 hours per month. In addition, you will be asked to attend one Board meeting each month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- controlling and accounting for the organisation’s finances
- being a counter signatory to any major banking transaction
- overseeing investment strategy
- overseeing bookkeeping
- presenting financial reports, raising issues and answering questions at regular meetings including the Finance Committee, Board meetings and supporting our Auditors at the AGM
- liaising with the auditors for the annual review of accounts
- ensuring statutory returns are made to relevant regulators
- ensuring Finance Policy is reviewed in line with Policy Review Policy
- experience of financial management or accounts
- experience of fundraising and governance
- business acumen
- experience of the Third Sector would be useful
- have an understanding of and a sensitive approach towards the situations, needs and difficulties faced by carers and disabled people
- common sense
- commitment to working as part of a team
- willingness to share your ideas
Give us a call to arrange a meeting, either in person or virtually if you’re interested!
Call: 01506 448000 and ask to speak with Alison Wright, our CEO or email email@example.com
Click on the button below to find out more about the role: