Apply now for free support to develop a Community Climate Action Plan
We are delighted to offer a free package of support to help several communities across Scotland to develop their own Community Climate Action Plan.
The successful applicants will receive support from our experienced community climate facilitator, to help their community to develop its own unique plan to address the climate emergency. In addition, we’ll highlight inspiring ideas from across Scotland and beyond, and signpost to potential funding and further technical advice.
This opportunity is being provided as part of as part of Scotland’s COP26 community engagement programme and funded by The Scottish Government.
The deadline to send us your application is 17:00 on Friday 12 November 2021.
See below for details of how to apply.
We are offering
- An experienced community climate facilitator to help your community to develop its own Community Climate Action Plan.
- Inspiring ideas of what could be possible from communities across Scotland and beyond.
- Input from groups who have already developed a Community Climate Action Plan with Keep Scotland Beautiful, and access to a growing network of communities.
- Support to help you plan activities that will be most suitable for your community.
- Signposting to potential funding opportunities and further technical advice if needed.
We are looking for
- A community that is enthusiastic about acting together to reduce emissions at a local level.
- The community should have a clear geographical boundary and strong sense of identity – for example, a school catchment area, a town or one or two neighbourhoods.
- A core group representing a range of community interests to take ownership of the process.
- Commitment to take part in approximately seven online meetings of around 1.5 hours each.
- Commitment to do some agreed actions in between online meetings.
- One individual from the core group to be Keep Scotland Beautiful’s main point of contact for detailed planning.
For details of the aims of the programme, how it works and how to apply, please download this document.
If you have any further questions about the Community Climate Action Plan programme, please contact our Community Climate Officer, Aisling Brady:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 07514 928030