Under the Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Act 2021, local authorities and education providers are legally responsible for providing free period products to anyone who may require them.
As part of the developing further local provision and meet the terms of the act we are asking for your views as local residents on the arrangements that should be put in place to ensure that we are delivering the provision within the Act based on local need. As such we are seeking the views of all people who may either need to:
- use free products currently;
- use products in the future; or
- collect products on behalf of someone who needs to use products
The aim of the consultation is to identify:
- the premises in which and where in those premises, period products ought to be obtainable free of charge;
- the ways in which product users ought to be able to obtain period products free of charge, and
- the types of period products which ought to be obtainable free of charge
This link will take you to the survey https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/free-period-products, which will be open until Sunday 12 June 2022.
It is important that as many people as possible take parts so that local free provision best meets the needs of our local communities.
As a thank you for taking part there will be three prizes of vouchers for the Centre in Livingston drawn at random after the deadline dates. Should you wish to be included simply leave your contact details at the end, leave blank if you don’t.
Following the consultation West Lothian Council will produce a Statement of Exercise of their functions that summarises the arrangements that will be put in place to meet the duty.
If you have any questions about this or want to find out more about current provision please contact us at email@example.com.