Community Fund to return
£100,000 for local communities.
Edinburgh Airport will make £100,000 available for local community groups and charities as it reintroduces its Community Fund.
The funding will be available throughout 2022 and ensures local communities benefit from the airport’s activities and hoped recovery.
Applications will be considered from groups across Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Falkirk that are impacted by our operations, with a cap of £7000 on applications.
Priority will be given to those applications relating most to the pillars of the airport’s Greater Good sustainability strategy – Zero Carbon, Enhancing Scotland, Scotland’s Best Business and Trusted Neighbour. Initiatives could include things such as:
- the mitigation against and reduction of the effects of a changing climate
- the reduction of local environmental impacts
- the enhancement of local business, community groups and long-term sustainable partnerships in the airport’s surrounding area
- improving healthy working lives and increase upskilling and employment opportunities for socially and economically deprived and disadvantaged persons
- improving care, opportunity, provide shelter and enable rehabilitation of vulnerable groups in the community.
More on the Community Fund and the application criteria: https://corporate.edinburghairport.com/community/edinburgh-airport-community-fund
Edinburgh Airport’s Greater Good sustainability strategy was published in June 2021 and follows four key pillars to deliver a sustainable future for the airport: https://corporate.edinburghairport.com/sustainability