Volunteer Role Specification – Windrush Project
Name of Project: Windrush Scotland (The Experiences of People of African Caribbean Heritage – A Consultative Project)
Length of project: 12 months
Working hours: Minimum 4hrs/per week
Description of project: Exploring the experiences of the Windrush generation of people, their descendants, families, connections, and wider society in Scotland. The project is a 12month consultation, explorative project by the FJSS Group that seeks to facilitate a national conversation – telling and unearthing the true story of Windrush in Scotland, helping surviving victims and descendants get closure.
Contextualising the discrimination and institutionalized racism many Scots of African-Caribbean background still face today within the historical contribution made by the community to the development of Scotland.
- Interviewers: oral history collection, posing the right questions and follow-up questions.
- Photographers: high-quality picture production, capturing important moments, visual storytelling through careful and thoughtful photography, photobook and montage creation
- Videographers: film making, voice and video editing, short video clips for website and social media.
- Graphic designers: Poster, leaflets, infographics creation, contributing to project booklet, advertising, and social media campaigning.
- Writers: Researching, project related content development, copywriting for campaigns, editing and compiling content.
- Digital, Social media, and publicity volunteers: Commitment to publicising project locally, and on various social media platforms, boosting social media activity and reach
- Artists: Image recreation for print or online use