Online home-school activities that get you outdoors and help you connect with nature!
From 22nd-26th Feb, The Conservation Volunteers will be delivering 45min-1hour long sessions. Children and young people will be asked to join the session then head outdoors and try out different activities.
Five sessions are being offered:
- Monday 22nd Feb- School Green Gym- ages 7+. Introduction to school Green Gym with wellbeing focused activities. Nature is a place for learning, playing and supporting our mental health. But how much time do you spend in nature?
- Tuesday 23rd Feb- Scottish Badgers, Tracker School. Ages 12+. Introduction to tracking common animals using field signs. Good for anyone with an interest in practical conservation, wildlife, learning about animals.
- Wednesday 24th Feb- Hedgehogs with Kirsty (TCV). Ages 7+. Learn more about hedgehogs and what we can do to protect them. Complete a garden survey to see how hedgehog friendly your garden is.
- Thursday 25th Feb- Scottish Wildlife Trust, Wildlife collections. Ages8+. Be inspired to connect with nature and start your own wildlife collection.
- Friday 26th Feb- Nature Play with Carolyn (TCV), Nature Art. All Ages. Look to nature for inspiration, create art pieces using the natural materials we see all around.
All tickets and FREE can be booked via Eventbrite. If you would like whole classes to join please get in touch and we can arrange a link.