The Aldi Scottish Sport fund is a Scotland-wide community-based sport programme designed to make it easier for kids to take part in sports within their local communities by giving clubs the chance to secure funding.
The Aldi Scottish Sport Fund is open to any sporting organisation in Scotland with registered charity status, from rugby clubs to after school groups and everything in between. Groups can apply for funding for a wide range of purposes, such as new strips, equipment or to subsidise transports costs.
- Type of funding: Grant
- Type of cost: Capital
Fund award sizes
- Maximum: £2,500
- Annually awarded: £5,000
- Notes on award amounts: There are three funding packages available per region: 1 x £2500, 2 x £1000, and 1 x £500.
Who can apply
They only accept applications from organisations based in Scotland that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- a local, community focused club with sport at the heart of what you do
- a registered community amateur sports club (CASC)
- a school or educational organisation
- a religious organisation
- a Scout or Guide group
- a charitable service fund of the Armed Forces
- a Community Interest Company
When to apply
This is an annual fund. The 2023 round will be open from 21 August – 24 September 2023.
Next deadline: 24 Sep 2023
How to apply
The application form is available from the Aldi website.