A real sense of community changes lives for the better. That’s why, at Chance to Connect, we strive to develop close-knit relationships between those who matter most. Our goal is to ensure that young people in Scotland learn from the world around them.
Chance to Connect operates as a “grant giving” charity supporting projects working in the areas of community development and citizenship, helping develop young strong adults who can take their place in Scotland’s society. We seek to support projects and activities in Scotland, with the aspiration of alleviating the impact of poverty or financial hardship, social exclusion, relative/multiple deprivation and disability or illness affecting young people in Scotland, aged 0-25 years. Our mission To work to ensure that every child in Scotland is given the opportunity to grow and develop to their full potential.
What we will fund Projects or activities that we will support will:
• be undertaken by registered charities that hold a charity bank account • be delivered in Scotland
• work with the most vulnerable families with children at a demonstrably high risk of being negatively impacted by poverty
• demonstrate involvement of individuals and communities that understand and have experience of the issues that poverty presents
• work outside, or supplementary to, statutory responsibilities
• clearly demonstrate positive impacts
Examples of projects or activities that we may consider funding include those delivering: • support for community libraries and learning spaces offering accessible and inclusive community activities aimed at local young people
• community based leisure and sporting programmes, enhancing the health and wellbeing of the younger members of the community
• local youth clubs and recreational activities, offering out of school hours support, mentoring and skills development
• local community projects physically enhancing the area and encouraging social inclusion and citizenship
How to apply
Contact Chance to Connect using the details below