Awards of up to £100,000 are available to support capital projects that create or improve places where people take part in sport and physical activity in Scotland. The funding is intended for sports facility projects within club and communities, school and education or performance sport environments.
Applications are invited form any non-profit distributing, constituted organisations whose membership is open to all sections of society.
To be eligible, projects should clearly demonstrate an impact on one or both of the following outcomes:
- Participation – provide opportunities for people to get involved and participate in sport and stay involved throughout their life.
- Progression – provide opportunities for people to develop, progress and achieve success at their chosen level of sport.
Priority will be given to projects where there is a commitment to:
- Equalities and inclusion.
- People development.
- Collaboration and impact.
Grants of up to £100,000 are available to support the following:
- Small Projects with a total project value between £20,000 and £250,000 (including VAT).
- Larger Projects with a total project value over £250,000 (including VAT).
Maximum awards can fund up to 50% of the eligible project costs, or 75% in areas of deprivation as identified within the bottom 20% of The Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD).
SportScotland has revised its guidelines for 2018 and the key updates are:
- Greater focus on increasing participation within those groups who are underrepresented in sport, such as young people, women and girls, disabled people or those from deprived communities.
- A new online application system.
- A single stage application for projects costing up to £250,000.
- Maximum award of up to 50% of eligible project cost up to £100,000.
- No financial contribution required from clubs or community organisations.
- Up to 75% funding for projects serving the most deprived 20% SIMD areas.
There is a two-stage process for Large Projects and stage one applications can be submitted by the first of any month.
There is a single stage application process for Small Projects.
How to apply
Contact Sport Facilities Fund using the details below
0141 534 6500