Thank you for being part of the ‘Let’s Talk Funding’ event – the feedback has been fantastic. You told us that this conversation was much needed – and we need to make sure we turn this energy and drive into action.
The day began with presentations from a range of funders (we’ve put the presentations on our web - they can be found below) which led onto Questions and Answers session where we discussed what support is out there for the sector, whether levels of funding is diminishing and the challenges of finding core funding. After lunch there was range of workshops being delivered on topics such as asset transfer, social enterprise and successful funding applications (more information and resources on our web). The day ended with booked one to one sessions with funders – as you can see a busy day. Key to all our conversations was the question ‘what’s next?’
Here are the creative and innovative ideas generated on the day that we need to discuss over the next few weeks – ideas such as;
* more communication on funding – not just in the VSGWL ebulletin each month but on Facebook and our web page
* an event to look at working in partnership (including consortiums)
* a 5 year action plan for the sector (the sectors approach to financial sustainability, the impact we make, commitment to honest and effective partnership working).
* a celebration of the sector and all the work we do -how we contribute to service delivery, we could showcase innovative and different approaches to service delivery, and even have a Dragons Den with support from the business sector.
* Hold peer support sessions or expert sessions that bring together colleagues with extensive experience of completing funding applications and those who want support/feedback on their applications
* Use Community Learning Exchange more
* Look at crowdfunding
* Develop a West Lothian 3rd Sector Lottery
* Find online tools to help complete applications (I’ve found an app called ZOHO – looks good but not tried it – let me know if you use it and whether its any good) Please get in touch if you have any questions or general comments - firstname.lastname@example.org