Parent Club Scotland and Scottish Government have launched new video assets for the Parenting Teens campaign.
Parenting Teens aims to reach parents, carers and families of teenagers, to help them navigate the relationships they have with their teens. It provides tips on how to identify the typical behaviors of teens (and when it could be something more serious), help them better understand the challenges their teens face and provide advice on how to support them.
There are a range of new video assets available to share across social channels and help reach the families of teens (all linked for your convenience):
- 2 new TikTok style videos, which can be shared on Reels and Stories on Facebook and Instagram
- 2 new 15 second social videos for sharing across your social channels
- a video of Professor Cathy Richards providing advice to families on how to help manage teenager’s moody behaviours
- a video of Professor Richards providing advice to families on how to help manage teenager’s feelings of isolation
- a video featuring a real teenager and her dad talking about their experiences of teenage years and providing practical tips to other parents and families
There is also a Parenting Teens campaign toolkit, which includes:
- campaign information
- information on Parent Club’s new “Teen Hub”
- campaign key messages
- information on campaign resources
- a Digital Toolkit
Alternatively, for further information on the Parenting Teens campaign, please visit the dedicated page.