River Kids, in partnership with the Almond Valley Heritage Centre, will be holding a number of “Summer Evenings of Play” during July and August.
On the 14th, 21st, 28th July & 4th, 11th August the Almond Valley Heritage Centre has kindly offered to open its doors for FREE from 6pm-8pm for those families who are struggling financially.
- Maximum capacity, per evening, is 400 and it will be on a first come first served basis.
- Entry time will be staggered each night to prevent bottlenecks at entry.
- As it currently stands, the majority of the centre will be open (mostly outdoor play areas) however the majority of the animal enclosures won’t(indoor soft play may be open depending on government guidelines).
- A hot or cold (still to be decided) snack will be provided to everyone that attends.
- Families will need to make their own way to the centre as transport will not be provided.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult and that adult must stay with them throughout the whole time they are at the centre.
- The facilities best suit children up to the age of 12, but everyone is welcome to attend.
- Families can attend on multiple evenings if required (within reason).
- So, for this to be a success, we need your help in referring families to us. Similar to our Christmas Toy Appeal these evenings are at aimed towards those families who are struggling financially, although there is no strict criteria.
Below is a link to a referral form:
which we kindly ask that you complete for each of the families you would like to attend. Once we have received your referral, we will confirm attendance and then passes for the applicable evening can be picked up from our Broxburn warehouse by either yourself or your family.
Here at River Kids, we know how important play is, especially outdoor play, and due to the pandemic this has been very restricted. As well at getting the kids out the house, burning their excess energy, it will also give their parents/guardians a well-deserved break (if only for a couple of hours).