The aim of the fund is to enhance equity in holiday provision for children and families living in poverty who may experience barriers to accessing food, childcare and activities during the holidays.
Funding of up to £10,000 is available to local and relevant delivery partners to deliver holiday activities and experiences, integrating food and wider family support where needed, and targeted at children, young people and families in the priority groups.
The focus of this year’s provision will be children aged 5-14 from low income households listed below:
- Children from lone parent families
- Children from ethnic minority families
- Children from families with a disabled adult or child
- Children from families with a young mother (under 25)
- Children from families with a child under 1 year old
- Children from larger families (3+ children)
- Vulnerable children and young people (with an additional support need, care experienced, young carers, in need of protection, supported by a child’s plan, those who have undergone significant transitions, for example, starting in ELC, primary or secondary school). This also includes pre-school and 14+.
- Children and young people from other low income groups.
We aim to have a diverse range of local partner providers delivering free holiday provision for children and young people in the target low income groups. This funding can be used to enhance your summer programme offer and to enable free places for those in the identified target groups. Council services e.g. schools and social policy, will help to promote these opportunities to children, young people and families to improve uptake from those most in need and likely to benefit.
You should read the guidance before completing this form.
You may find it helpful to save your content to a word document before inputting the information into the application form.
You can apply by clicking the link to the application form: https://forms.office.com/r/CRQ06GY4wg
Applications must be submitted online to CLDYouthServices@westlothian.gov.uk by 6.00pm on Monday 16 May 2022.
If you have any problems applying please email CLDYouthServices@westlothian.gov.uk