West Lothian Council is providing an opportunity for third sector organisations in West Lothian to support the delivery of the Young Person’s guarantee. Grant funding is being made available to enhance the current service offer for young people. The funding available is £170,000 in 2021/22.
The grant is open to all constituted third sector organisations in West Lothian that can enhance the current delivery of employability support and interventions to young people aged 16 – 24. Provision must clearly complement existing provision or provide support where there is deemed to be non-available for a key client group.
What are the priorities that we are looking to address?
The funding is to be used to create opportunities to remove barriers experienced by young people, create opportunities within education, training or employment and support progression onto and into a positive destination.
The provision is to focus on supporting the following young people:
- Unemployed (excluding those in full time education);
- About to leave school without a positive destination;
- School leavers without a positive destination;
- In low paid employment;
- At risk of redundancy;
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship;
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination;
- Without qualifications at SCQF 5 or above; or
How to apply
Completed applications and required documentation should be returned by email to Clare Stewart, Employability Manager Team at the following email address: email@example.com
This should be no later than:
- 12.00 (noon) on Wednesday 15th September
The application form and guidance note can be found here: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/youngpersonsguarantee