The West Lothian Development Trust fund distributes money received from windfarm developments in West Lothian. The fund supports the development of projects in communities within 10km of the Blacklaw Windfarm and Pateshill Windfarms.
Projects should meet one of the following priorities;
- relieve poverty, advance education or social purposes beneficial to an eligible community
- promote and encourage environmental improvement or enhancement
- secure investment, create employment, implement training, promote or secure sustainable development
- provide or assist in the provision of renewable energy.
Fund award sizes
- Maximum: £25,000
- Notes on award amounts: There are two strands of funding, a small grants fund of up to £2,000 and a main grants fund of up to £25,000. A maximum of 70% intervention rate applies to both grants.
Who can apply
Projects will only be funded if the organisation is a community or public sector body.
When to apply
The West Lothian Development Trust meets bi monthly to assess applications. Applications must be received by 5pm, one week prior to the date of meetings.
Upcoming deadlines are:
- 22 March 2023
- 24 May 2023
- 20 September 2023
- 22 November 2023
Next deadline: 22 Mar 2023
How to apply
Application forms and guidance on the Trust website. There are separate forms for Small and Main grant applications.
How to apply
Contact West Lothian Development Trust using the details below