The People’s Health Trust’s Active Communities Programme is now open for applications, via Health Lottery Scotland (focusing on North Lanarkshire, Inverclyde, West Lothian, West Dunbartonshire, Falkirk District, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City, Shetland, Orkney Islands, Moray and Na h-Eileanan an Iar).
Funding of £5,000 – £40,000 is available for projects lasting up to 2 years, from small and local projects, designed and run by local people. Projects can be neighbourhood-based (ie. focused on a specific geographical area), or focused on a community of interest (though there is a different application process for these projects).
The application process has 2 stages; Stage 1: (the current stage) involves telling the People’s Health Trust about your idea and what you want to do.
- be designed and led by local people
- support their neighbourhood or community to come together to address an issue that is important to them
- create stronger connections between people by supporting them to meet up regularly (weekly, fortnightly or monthly, for at least one year)
- be designed for people who experience greater social and economic disadvantage
Group eligibility criteria:
- non-profit organisation or group
- groups must have unrestricted reserves (savings) of less than 6 months of their yearly expenditure, after deducting the amount they are thinking of requesting from the Trust
- the organisation or group been constituted for at least 3 months and has a governing document
- for new organisations who do not yet have full year accounts, the projected income for a full year should less than £350,000
- their total yearly income is less than £350,000, or an average of £350,000 over 2 years
- at least 80% of their participants come from fundable neighbourhoods(when applying as a community of interest, 80% of participants must come from the fundable neighbourhoods, or be experiencing social and economic disadvantage)
Application Deadlines and How to Apply
The closing date for Stage 1 applications is 1pm on Wednesday 3rd May.
For further information, please contact visit their dedicated Active Communities Programme page.
Alternatively, contact the team by phone: 0204 548 0939, or email: email@example.com