What is COF?
The Community Ownership Fund is a £150m UK-wide fund to help communities take ownership of assets and amenities at risk of closure. It is open to voluntary and community organisations and supports the purchase and/or renovation costs of assets in their local area. Groups can bid Up to £2 million for all asset types, but we expect that most awards will be for up to £250,000 of capital funding. Since launch the fund has awarded £5,168,595 of funding to projects in Scotland, covering a variety of assets, such as a visitor centre, town hall and a pub.
Applying to the fund is a two stage process, with bidders having to successfully pass the Expression of Interest stage before they can submit a detailed application to one of the subsequent bid windows. There will be four bid windows per year and applicants who have successfully passed the EOI stage can apply to any of the subsequent bid windows.
- Expression of Interest stage – always open
- Round 3, Bidding Window 2 will be open from 30th August to 11.59am on the 11th September 2023.
We are pleased to share the successful projects from Round 2 (Window 3)
- Caring Operations Joint Action Council, C.O.J.A.C. Centre
- Clyne Heritage Society, Old Clyne School Redevelopment
- Fife Employment Access Trust , Silverburn Flax Mill
- John O’Groats Mill Trust, John O’Groats Mill: a Power for the Community
- Laxdale Community Association SCIO, Laxdale Hall Refurbishment
- New Cumnock Development Trust, Re: New Trotters
- North Edinburgh Arts, North Edinburgh Arts
- Portobello Central SCIO, Portobello Town Hall
- The Y Centre Limited, The Y Centre
For advice and support with queries, please contact the development support provider via the enquiry form on the My Community website, This website also contains useful information and webinars to help develop your proposals including,