The Trust looks after a charitable fund from which grants to organisations working with young people in the Edinburgh and Lothian area.
They will prioritise applications for:
- Projects supporting families and early years provision, and continuing support of young people, whether or not they live in family settings. Topics of particular importance are seen as health and wellbeing for families and children (to include young carers’ needs and mental health support services);
- Project proposals which overcome the many ‘opportunity gaps’ in resources and services which are now more evident as a result of the pandemic and notably adversely affect low-income households;
- New grants for established organisations in the Lothians which have had a drop in income from pre-covid sources.
Fund award sizes
- Maximum: £2,000
- Annually awarded: £69,300
- Notes on award amounts: Annual total and average from 2021 accounts.
When to apply
The Trust meet quarterly in January, April, July and October. Organisations can apply once a year.
How to apply
Application form available to download from the Trust website, which includes full guidelines.
The Trust will not generally provide grant aid for repeat applications, and mainly seeks to support organisations which have limited resources and few assets.