Grants are available to smaller recognised charities in the Edinburgh and Lothian area whose aims and objectives are to provide social welfare. Priority will be given to organisations which combat inequalities, promote voluntary action or relieve poverty.
Trustees will consider administrative or developmental needs including: volunteer expenses; recruitment and training of volunteers; essential equipment, including IT, within an acceptable project; printing and publicity; telecommunications and postage.
Fund award sizes
- Maximum: £2,000
- Annually awarded: £15,139
- Notes on award amounts: Annual total and average award size from 2021 accounts.
Who can apply
Organisations must have gained charitable status and report an annual turnover under £200,000.
- Maximum annual income: £200,000
When to apply
Future deadlines are to be confirmed. Check the Fund website for the most up to date details.
How to apply
Application forms are available on the Trust website. Only one application for a particular project will be considered in a twelve-month period.
- National organisations
- Statutory agencies
- Schools and colleges
- Salaries, fees or similar
- Core property costs
- Educational and adventure type projects
- Arts, environmental or sports activities, except where a significant social service or therapeutic intent is the main aim
- Travel and transport
Organisations successful in obtaining a grant for 3 consecutive years may have to wait a further year before they can submit a further application.
How to apply
Contact The Edinburgh & Lothian Trust Fund – Grants for Voluntary Organisations using the details below