The purpose of the University of Edinburgh Community Grants Scheme is to:
- Bring value to new or existing partnerships between the University and local communities.
- Have a positive social impact.
Fund award sizes
- Maximum: £5,000
Who can apply
Non-profits and social enterprises with an organisational bank account and governing document.
- Maximum annual income: £1,000,000
When to apply
There are two deadlines each year for applications up to £5,000, with the first one being in the autumn and the second in the spring.
The micro-grant scheme is open all year round for up to £500.
How to apply
Application form available via the University website.
- Salaries, unless staff have been employed specifically to carry out the project in question, or any other general running costs of a building or organisation.
- The continuation of existing projects, including work funded under a previous round of this scheme.
- Statutory bodies, including schools. Will fund organisations that work with statutory bodies and activities happening on the premises of statutory bodies.
- Organisations whose only charitable objective (according to their OSCR registration) is the promotion of religion.
- Organisations that promote political beliefs.
- Renovations or other building works.
How to apply
Contact University of Edinburgh Community Grants Scheme using the details below