The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) wants to make sure that everyone stays fire-safe during the period of financial difficulty related to the cost of living crisis.
Their safety advice includes:
- never use camping stoves and barbeques indoors
- always use the correct fuel in a wood burning stove and in open fires.
- do not use a chimney that has not been checked for blockages
- use candles safely, or ideally, use LED lights and torches instead
- if using an old or unfamiliar heater, get it checked for safety first
People can also register for a FREE Home Fire Safety Visit online (linked for your convenience).
For further safety advice around the cost of living crisis, please visit the SFRS website.