The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is holding a “Train the Trainer: A Training Toolkit” online course, taking place over 3 sessions on Tuesday 21st November, Wednesday 22nd November, and Tuesday 28th November, 10am – 1pm, via Zoom.
The course aims to provide participants with an introduction to the tools required to plan, deliver and evaluate effective training, helping them understand how people learn and gain the confidence to design and deliver training to individuals and small groups.
“A Training Toolkit” is designed for anyone new to training, who has no previous formal training, or trainers who wish to consolidate their training skills. There is no formal entry requirements. The course will cover learning styles, and selecting and using suitable training methods for your participants; over the 3 sessions, participants will work on individual tasks and in small groups.
- Managing Learning Experiences
- The Training Cycle
- How Adults Learn: The Kolb Learning Cycle; Learning Styles
- Developing a Learning Experience
- Training Methods: Tools; Icebreakers; Energisers
- Review and Evaluation: Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation
- Managing Groups
- the group process
- group dynamics
- Leading Groups to Facilitate Learning
- skills and characteristics of trainers and facilitators
- managing challenging situations
- Putting it into practice
- developing a training event in teams
- presentation to the other groups
- review of the task
- review of the learning
Places are £175 for SCVO members, and £255 for non-members.
To book your place, please contact Helen Swatton by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for further information, visit the SCVO website.