Job Ref: V441
Hours/Days per week: 17.5 hours per week– (Flexible days/hours)
Start date: ASAP
Location: West Lothian (locally home based with regular work in West Lothian communities)
Closing date: Friday 7 April, 10am
Interview date and Location: w/b 17 April 2023
At Volunteering Matters we use volunteering’s unique power to bring people together and build stronger, more resilient communities across the UK.
We bring people together to resolve some of society’s most complex issues. From social isolation and loneliness; improving health and wellbeing; building skills, confidence, and opportunity; to ensuring young people can become change makers in their community, the impact that we make is great. And we won’t stop until everyone in the UK has the opportunity to thrive.
ProjectScotland, part of the national charity Volunteering Matters, supports people to get on in life through the power of volunteering. We are looking to recruit a talented, dynamic, and professional Mentor Project Worker, to join our team in West Lothian. The right candidate would be someone who can work flexibly, and can demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment, to our organisational values.
Young people we support include those facing multiple barriers or disadvantage. Our support helps them to achieve positive outcomes for their future. As our Mentor Project Worker, you will work closely with our partner organisations locally to deliver a high quality, impactful mentoring service across West Lothian.
This role is an exciting opportunity which calls for the successful candidate to:
- Attract, recruit, train, support and retain Volunteer Mentors from the local community, ensuring each have an outstanding volunteering experience
- Effectively match Volunteer Mentors with young people
- Work closely with our external partners in West Lothian to identify young people who could benefit from an empowering and positive mentoring relationship
- Work closely with charities across West Lothian, creating new partnerships and identifying opportunities within those organisations for young people to take part in volunteering opportunities
- Explore new ways to deliver and promote our mentoring service across West Lothian