Launching in July is Walk For A Cure, a brand new event series from Alzheimer’s Research UK. These 5km fundraising walks will bring together everyone impacted by dementia as Alzheimer’s Research UK strive to make a lasting difference for future generations. Alzheimer’s Research UK need your support to make these events happen. Would you like to be a key part of the team on event day? Alzheimer’s Research UK are looking for volunteers to help create a fantastic atmosphere at our event village, to ensure the smooth running of the event and to create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved.
What: Walk For A Cure Event volunteer Role Description.
How: Roles include Greeters, Start/Finish Line Marshals, Event Village Helpers, Route Marshals & Photographers.
Who: All volunteers must be 18+. (Children may accompany an adult volunteer, but please contact us before registering.)
When: Sunday 30th July 2023, 9am-4pm.
Where: Holyrood Park, Parade Ground (What3Words /// cans.thanks.trails)
To find out more about the role, please read the Walk For A Cure Event volunteer Role Description
To register to volunteer, please visit: alzheimersresearchuk.org/volunteering/event-volunteer and select ‘Saturday 8 July 2023 – Walk For a Cure, London’ from the list when prompted.
Being an Event volunteer at Walk For A Cure is a great opportunity to:
- Volunteer alongside your friends and family at a fantastic new event.
- Give back to your local community.
- Meet new people, who may have similar experiences to you.
- Gain experience of charity events management.
- Contribute volunteering hours to your course or studies.
- Build confidence by volunteering in a team with thirty other volunteers.
- Support a cause that is relevant to you – one in two people know someone affected by dementia.
- Become part of the Alzheimer’s Research UK volunteering community, with other opportunities available to you.
Images: If you are able to use an image to promote this opportunity, you can find some available to download here.
Wording: If you require alternative wording for use on social media, you can find some available to download here.
FAQs: Further volunteering FAQs will appear on this page shortly.