Are you a community-led group in West Lothian? Join our very first West Lothian Network event.
Be part of a West Lothian wide vision for community led network that will support and build our path a fair, just and thriving region.
If your organisation aspires to be part of building a flourishing and inclusive network that will support community group activities and projects that are affected by the energy and cost of living crisis, health and wellbeing, availability of local and healthy food, circular economy or climate change then this event is for you.
The event is a chance to meet other local groups, to explore together how best to shape the West Lothian Climate Action Network around your needs so that it can support action to better futures.
– Share some food
– Meet community led teams
– Look at how we create a fair inclusive and welcoming space
– Look at a broad vision of what West Lothian could look like by 2030 – from community prespective.
– What would you like to see the network do for you and other local communities?
-What would be practical, useful and inspiring, especially to build capacity
– What resources, benefits and support would you find most helpful from a network?
– What s happening, not happening?
In addition, the Network hopes to submit a funding application to set up a West Lothian Climate Action Hub to strengthen and broaden the network and support for local action. These events are just one way to help frame a West Lothian-wide bid. What might a hub look like, how might it work, what services should it offer you?
– We will share some food in a relaxed environment, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know.
– If you have any covid symptoms, please don’t attend our event. People will not be expected to wear face masks but this is welcomed for anyone who wants to.
Beechbrae is located at Heights Rd, Blackridge, Bathgate EH48 3SW and holds an orchard, garden, mixed woodland with walking paths, labyrinth, woodland centre and a wild pond. These places to help to connect people with nature as a way of addressing a variety of challenges.
There is ample parking space
** Please note this is a shoe free space. You are invited to bring a cosy pair of socks or slippers to enjoy the underfloor heating.